Genuine interest in, and experience of working with, the relevant Client group
– Team player
– Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
– Previous supervisory experience
– Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients,
when required, with all aspects of daily living.
– Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual).
– Closely monitor Clients who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
– Assist in the delivery of care for Clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
– Complete, observe & review care planning needs for Clients, and complete written daily
records as instructed and in line with theCompany’s policies and procedures.
– Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
– Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty,
in line with the Mont calm’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Mont calm’s resources
are used appropriately.
If applicable, care for Clients’ clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing
recorded and clearly marked.
– Assist Clients who need help during meal times(be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assist with
serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as requested / required.
– Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
Training and Development:
– Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
– Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
– Report to the Home Manager, or the Handy person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential
– Ensure the security of the Mont calm is maintained at all times.
– Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
– Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Offerd Salary£18,000- £21,000