• To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
• Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised. within the home.
• To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
• To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
• To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
• To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
• To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
• To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
• To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
• To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
• To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
• To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
• To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
• To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
• To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
* Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
* Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
* Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Offerd Salary£21,000 - £23,000